Know Your Mouldings

Terminology: Roman Ovolo:  A classic convex molding, often used in recessed panel applications as well as Ionic and classical architecture.  See McCoy 704 profile. Lintel:  Generally seen on top of doors and windows lintels are a cap or the top … Continued

Some Call it Wainscot – Some Call it Bead Board

Wainscot and Bead board Wainscot and bead board applications can really dress up a home. The terms wainscot and bead board are often used interchangeably. Wainscot can be either bead board or a build up using recessed panels. Generally speaking … Continued