Know Your Mouldings


Roman Ovolo:  A classic convex molding, often used in recessed panel applications as well as Ionic and classical architecture.  See McCoy 704 profile.

Lintel:  Generally seen on top of doors and windows lintels are a cap or the top part of a structural member. They can also be used as a wainscot cap or plate rail.

Panel molding: A small molding used to decorate panels. Many panel moldings are used similarly as base caps for base boards.

Ovolo – Lintel – Panel Moulding

Leave a Comment